Hello, my name is Dave Shields. This website and the related projects and websites are the result of my belated political awakening.|
In recent years it has become increasingly evident to me that we are in a downward spiral in the U.S.A. and I hate that.
"We Need Our Help," "The USA Needs Our Help" and we have got to "Fight For Us And The USA" or we are going to lose the great heritage with which we are blessed.
The way I see it there are several things that are root causes of our downward spiral:
1. The tremendous damage done to our moral, ethical, obedience to law and religious belief foundation which was the underlying basis for both our citizen's and resident's behavior and for governing this great nation.
2. The intentional moves to ignore, redesign and obliterate our constitution as the foundation of our government.
3. The intentional moves to consolidate power and wealth in the hands of a limited number of people and a limited number of political parties.
4. The intentional moves to consolidate ownership of our mainstream media and control the information published in the newspapers, on TV and on the radio.
5. The intentional moves to lull the people of this nation into trusting the elected and appointed officials and the judges to look after the people's "best interests."
6. The intentional moves to have the elected and appointed officials and the judges actually represent the best interests of the "special interests," including their own, instead of those of the people."
7. The intentional moves to get to the point where more than half of our registered voters are dependent upon the government for benefits and financial handouts, thus assuring that the dependent class will vote for those who promise more benefits and handouts (wealth redistribution).
This "Fix Bad Laws" project came about because of an "Aha" moment that I experienced.
I was reading Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. When I read the words "government of the people, by the people, for the people" I realized something was seriously wrong.
If we truly had that kind of government, we would not have laws and policies that do damage to all or most of the people. But, my research showed me that there are 28, or so, major laws and policies that each inflict damage on more than 90% of our population.
I also realized that we cannot rely on our politicians or our political party's to fix the bad laws and policies on their own. Their goal is to control the government for their benefit and for the benefit of the "special interests," not for ours.
So it became obvious that if the bad laws and policies are to get fixed; we, the people, would have to pressure our politicians directly.
But, how many people would it take to apply enough pressure?
I concluded that 100 million voters could apply enough pressure. 100 million is about 60% of the registered voters. And 60% is a super majority. That would work. It works in the Congress, so the politicians understand it. 75% or about 130 million would be even better.
And so we come to the big question. How do you get 100 or 130 million registered voters to join us and vote?
You work very hard to give people plenty of information that shows what they already know is wrong about our laws and policies.
Then you give them a way to join in and vote for which of the bad laws and policies they want fixed. Each law or policy that we all vote to have fixed then gets put on "Our Fix-IT Agenda."
"Our Fix-It Agenda" is then put into the hands of every politician at both the state and federal levels.
In addition, we provide all the statistics about the votes. How many registered voters - Republicans, Democrats, Independents, etc. - voted, by zip code and age group. How many wanted the laws and policies fixed.
And that's all there is to it folks; a VERY SIMPLE but MASSIVE undertaking.
And it will work if we each join in, vote for which laws we want fixed and get at least two other registered voters to do the same.
Join Us and Vote. Then watch what happens.
And, oh by the way, this project will never be turned over to the big money interests. It is not for sale at any price. We, the people will always own this project and it will be ours to do with as we please.
All of our databases that contain our personal information and our voting information are fully, automatically and transparently encrypted. Which means your personal membership information and your voting information are fully protected from criminals and enemies.
And one more thing you can count on, you will never receive solicitations for money from this project other than the "Chip in a buck or so, if you can afford to do so."
Thanaks for your consideration and participation.
David L. Shields, a proud and concerned citizen of the U.S.A.
Change what needs changing, not what is easy.
Do what needs doing. Do it now.
Fix what needs fixing.
Fix it to benefit the most people.